Fixed Term 12 months contract
£Competitive + contributory pension, healthcare and other excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Our client specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services. Their people are as diverse as their products and services and as varied as their clients. They believe that individuals from different backgrounds encourage a challenging team environment, a creative approach to problem solving and an interesting working environment.
As a Private Client Services Adjuster Assistant, you`ll be working from an office base and will be assisting in settling claims within the terms of the insurance policy whilst controlling claim spend.
It is imperative that you deliver the highest level of customer service in assisting with domestic claims with a value of £50k + and High Net Worth/Private Client claims of any value. You`ll be working closely with your manager and team colleagues but will be required to work independently; therefore, you must be able to work using your initiative.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills, combined with the ability to work as part of a team and provide support when required. Confidence to make decisions is essential. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement in loss adjusting.
You will have/will be:
- Cert CILA/Cert CII /Dip CII or significant progress towards
- Ideally experienced in handling high net worth domestic and private client claims in excess of £50k, however extensive claims handling experience will be considered
- An excellent market reputation and profile for technical ability and customer service
- Experience of handling complex and major losses, achieving fee budgets and an eagerness to contribute to the continuing success of our client
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to be detailed and interpret data quickly and accurately
Our client is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. They aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date: 18th November 2016