MOT Technician / Mechanic, Workington
We are looking for a fully qualified MOT Technician / Mechanic for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Workington.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to MOT’s and general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As the largest Tyre Distribution and Retail Company in the UK, Protyre have a clear vision to “lead the way”. Protyre’s competitive advantage rests with the quality of people they employ within their business who share their vision and who add value to a thriving business.
Protyre nationally operate out of 90 centres we have over 1,200 permanent employees in roles including Drivers, Tyre Technicians, Mechanics and MOT Technicians. Working for them opens the door to a world of opportunity, a great working environment and fantastic employee benefits.
As a MOT Technician you will:
* Carry out Class 4 and Class 7 MOT Tests on all makes and models of cars, completing service certification adhering to VOSA requirements
* Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts
* Deliver excellent customer service.
* Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements
As a Mechanic you will:
* Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles
* Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent
* Welding and tyre fitting capabilities would be advantageous
* Complete various mechanical and servicing work
Skills and experience required:
* As an MOT Technician you must be an Approved MOT Tester Class 4
* Able to demonstrate excellent customer liaison and satisfaction skills
* Have the ability to sell an array of available services.
* A flexible and positive approach
* Able to efficiently work under pressure
* Keen team player with a focus on providing excellent customers service, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
* An eye for detail
* Literate and numerate
If you are not looking simply for a job but are genuinely looking to develop a long term career with a forward thinking and expanding company then Protyre would love to hear from you.
Salary and Hours
As MOT Technician / Mechanic, you will work an average of 45 hours per week from Monday to Saturday on a rota basis, and there is a salary on offer of £18,000 to £23,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tyre, Technician, Vehicle, Mechanic, Service, Repair, Fast Fit, Automotive, MOT, Tester, Fitter,