Regulatory Management Business Analyst
About Barclays UK Regulatory Management - To ensure regulation is met in a sustainable, efficient and client friendly way
Tracking and responding to new financial service industry regulatory changes impacting Barclays UK by:
- Running a horizon scanning workstream along with Legal & Compliance; providing interpretation for key signature programmes
- Impact assessing all regulations impacting Barclays UK to be able to identify accountable executive, delivery owner and ensure a readiness check is completion for transition into a delivery programme
- Provide assurance for regulatory change programmes and escalating regulatory obligation risks to key senior Forums, Boards and ExCos.
- Deliver key signature programmes as mandated and agreed with the Barclays UK COO ExCo. and Barclays UK Regulatory Forum, chaired by the COO of Barclays UK.
Overall purpose of role
- Provide analysis, requirements definition and change management skills in support of regulatory change programmes required to ensure that the Barclays UK complies with new or amended regulatory, risk and control requirements, including:
- Leading impact assessments of new regulatory updates and the impact on the bank
- Undertake strategic options and assessments work to develop responses and options to respond to regulatory change
- Conducting traceability mapping & requirements analysis between regulations, rules, requirements and solution to provide an auditable view of how Barclays UK is complying with the regulations.
- Designing changes to existing operating models and processes to ensure regulatory change requirements are incorporated whilst ensuring end to end Barclays UK processes are optimised.
- Support implementation and execution of re-designed/engineered processes to BAU to ensure regulatory change requirements are Embedded in Barclays UK
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Use appropriate business analysis and change techniques to work with the business and technology teams to analyse and implement change to support regulatory requirements
- Document the regulatory change requirements and facilitate business, internal IT and external suppliers' teams understanding of those requirements
- Understand the impact of regulatory requirements on Barclays UK processes and the business areas that use them and develop operating model designs and processes that implement the requirements in an optimal way from a client experience, process & cost efficiency perspective.
- Validate technology designs and solutions against business requirements and complete appropriate traceability
- Assist in preparation of test scenarios and test scripts where appropriate
- Liaise with project managers, designers and development teams (on-site and off-shore) to ensure that projects in progress are developed to deliver the regulatory change requirements.
- Ensure that knowledge and experience is shared through best practice, mentoring and leading.
- Prepare agreed deliverables in line with standards, to meet agreed quality standards and timeline
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Influence with a wide-ranging audience across front-line, Back Office and central support areas to gain buy-in to design requirements and development plans.
- Lead and facilitate project workshops, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels
- Manage key stakeholders across Barclays UK and the wider Group
- Secure support of stakeholders/interested parties, both within Barclays UK and external, to achieve goals.
- Motivate and develop members of the Operations Change Management team to shape and implement the operational change portfolio for Barclays Corporate Operations
- Recruit, retain and manage contract analyst resources, ensuring they work to common standards. Ensure their knowledge and experience is shared.
- Maintaining awareness of business process development and change throughout the business.
- olicies and ensure adherence to them
- An ideal candidate would be someone who has a natural flare and passion for the regulatory space and a genuine interest in reading and understanding the regulatory requirements.
- The candidate would have sufficient business, product and financial regulatory knowledge to be able to assess regulations for Barclays UK impact.
- Must be pro-active, self-starter, able to manage own work to deliver to agreed deadlines without close supervision
- Must be very good with time management and multi-tasking given the nature of work involved within Regulatory Developments which could at times be very strategic and the require experience to work through an unstructured environment
- Prefer experience of managing workstreams within projects/programmes
Experience in undertaking regulatory interpretation on US & European regulation and presenting business friendly regulation summaries for numerous audiences
- Experience of developing traceability between regulations, interpretations, requirements, solutions and proving reverse traceability (if appropriate)
- Ability to operate in a complex, Matrix environment and work with cross functional groups and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- Understanding of Financial Services environment
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment for a big-5 firm
- Experienced in stakeholder management at a senior
- Knowledge of complex Financial Services environments;
- Understanding of financial regulatory environment,
- Experience working with compliance and legal professionals
Educated to degree or MBA level to be able to meet the intellectual demands of the job, or can demonstrate equivalent experience;
- Knowledge/formal training in business analysis and change management techniques
- Appropriate professional accreditation in the Group's mandated methods and tools for strategic Business Change (Entrants without formal accreditation will be expected to achieve accreditation within 2 years of entry):