Prosecution Lawyer - Enforcement & Litigation
Role: Prosecution Lawyer (Enforcement & Litigation)
Client: Local Authority
This is a small but busy team in a high profile area. The successful candidate should be competent and self-motivated, a good team player and possess excellent organisational and time management skills.
The successful candidate must have experience of the usual range of enforcement matters and non-routine criminal proceedings that arise in the public sector (benefit fraud, food safety, health & safety, etc) and be able to take over an existing caseload.
The candidate will be required to:
- have conduct of magistrate's court cases including advocacy.
- Provide telephone and written advice to clients on general enforcement issues.
- Support casework in Legal Services where there is multi-disciplinary working.
- High standards of client care and interaction are expected in this role.
- Advocacy experience in order to undertake prosecutions and other appropriate applications.
- Higher Rights of Audience would be an advantage.