Data Governance Manager - West Yorkshire - Up to GBP55k + Benefits
Isource IT are currently engaged with a multinational financial services company based in West Yorkshire to hire a Data Governance Manager on a permanent basis. The role is offering an attractive salary of up to GBP55k + benefits such as a car, bonus and pension. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a Data Governance Framework and group to facilitate the adoption of Data Governance initiatives/processes.
About the Role:
- Implement and manage the Enterprise Data Governance Framework, including policies, standards, key risk indicator metrics, data validation and remediation. Ensuring that the organisation applies effective principles of data governance that leads to improvements in data quality within appropriate management reporting.
- Ensure a consistent approach to the definition of measures used within data supplied to stakeholders
- Create and maintain a Data Quality Strategy to both measure data quality and initiate changes to improve data quality.
- Improve efficiency by ensuring that data is fit for purpose at source, rather than relying on manual workarounds.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leading a data governance team (useful but not essential)
- Ability to persuade people at all levels of the benefits of Data Governance
- A clear vision of how Data Governance can be developed/enhanced within an organisation.
- Excellent people management skills and awareness of leadership, communication and cultural practices.
- Good understanding of Data Governance enabling technology.
Other Useful Experience (non essential):
- Experience in defining Data Governance Strategies and "roadmap" of how to achieve these strategies
- Familiar with the requirements of a regulated business
- Knowledge of enterprise data architecture and strategy
- Strong project leadership and management skills
If you want the chance to be a part of a well recognised, FTSE 100 company then please don't hesitate to apply today and I will contact you directly with more information.