PE and Science Teacher
PE Teacher with Science Specialism- Horsham
Full Time Permanent Vacancy - January 2017 Start
Paid To Scale
We are currently recruiting for a PE and Science Teacher for one of our schools in Horsham. It is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with specialist provision in ICT/Computing, Maths and Science. Following their last Ofsted inspection I are delighted to offer an exciting opportunity to work in this "Outstanding" school.
Their PE department seeks a motivated and committed teacher to join its hugely successful team. The department enjoys an excellent reputation in the county and consistently achieves outstanding exam results.
Colleagues are extremely supportive of each other and seek to share excellent practice and new ideas in an entirely collegiate manner. Aspirations are high within the department and all children are encouraged to do their best even when sport is not their most favoured subject.
If you would relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated pupils in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, then we would welcome your application.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and positive about sport and PE and have experience teaching Science also. If you have the ability to work effectively with young people and help them to fulfil their potential, then please get in touch.
- On-site cycle storage & parking
- Close to Horsham Station
- Enthusiastic & respectful students
- Spacious and modern staff-room
- Access to Free CPD course and Safeguarding Training
- Caring, supportive & dedicated co-workers
Have you got the passion and drive to raise standards and contribute to taking the school forwards in it's mission to constantly deliver a high-quality level of education? If so we ask that you have:
- Teaching qualification
- A degree in PE or an appropriate related subject
- Experience teaching Science along side PE
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to promote effective teaching and learning
- Enthusiasm commitment and flexibility
- Planning, preparation & delivery of curriculum necessary subject matter
- Providing engaging and interactive lessons
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Participating in and organising extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, working at a successful school, don't hesitate, apply today.