Quality Control Inspector / Quality Assurance Officer
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector
Location: Dorking, Surrey (RH4)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a contract manufacturing company and specialises in the heat treatment, precision machining, bonding and polishing of acrylic (PMMA) and other engineering grade plastics. They operate in the specialist medical, industrial and high end consumer markets and export 60% of all parts produced to customers in Europe, Asia and the USA.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Quality Control Inspector for a busy Precision Engineering Business based in Dorking, Surrey.
You'll be working within the Quality Control team and responsible for manufactured parts and reporting directly to the Quality Manager.
The Inspector will need to be proactive and have a keen eye. The responsibility of upholding quality falls to you as the Inspector so, naturally the Inspector should have the pride in his/her attention to detail
Key Responsibilities as an Inspector:
- First off / patrol & final inspection
- Utilising typical metrology equipment found in precision engineering business
- Uphold quality of components
- Ensure consistency
- Communicate any discrepancies to the relevant departments
- Record relevant data
- Prioritise component Inspection
Key Skills & Experience required as an Inspector:
- Understand complex technical drawings & customer/regulatory process specifications
- CMM experience (nice to have)
- Typical Metrology equipment - micometers/height/shadowgraphs/DTIs etc (key)
- Worked to quality standards AS9100, ISO9001 (key)
- Non-conformance creation & root cause investigation & corrective action closure (nice to have)
- Inspection: 5 years
- Precision engineering: 5 years
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a legal right to work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Quality Control Inspector, ISO9001, QC Manager, Quality Control Coordinator, Quality Control Operator, Quality Control Development, Quality Control Analyst, Precision Engineering, Quality Compliance Officer, Quality Assurance Inspector, Manufacturing Quality Control may also be considered for this role.