If you have a passion for moulding the minds of our future mathematicians then we have the role for you!
We are seeking a Maths teacher for a temporary opportunity at a school in Manchester Local Authority full-time starting in January for one term initially. Do you love working with challenging students and getting the best out of them in a short but rewarding period? Are you interested in working in an improving secondary school situated within easy reach of Manchester City Centre? Then look no further!
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
- Have proven classroom management skills
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Maths enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Please email your CV and covering letter to the Manchester office.
Apply for Maths Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly