Technical Support Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Manager to join Visqueen Building Products based in the North West. This position will be based from home covering the North West of England.
For more than 50 years Visqueen Building Products, part of bpi plc, has been recognised as the leader in the development, production and supply of high performance high quality structural waterproofing and gas protection solutions. Our high quality protection against ground gas and structural waterproofing products are continually specified on increasingly demanding site conditions and building codes of practice.
To be successful in this role it is imperative that you have experience and knowledge of designing technical drawings in respect waterproofing and gas proofing at ground and underground level.
As a Technical Support Manager you will:
- Generate Specifications via Architects, Engineers and Contractors offering risk assessed technical designs both on site and at office locations in accordance with Codes of Practice / regulations.
- PI Design generation and Administration – (See PI operational process document)
- Provide CPD Training via PowerPoint.
- Provide onsite support
In order to achieve this you will:
- Raise Specifications and log electronically PO/CRM to Budgeted expectations
- Diary and Territory management utilising outlook calendar, Tasks and CRM System.
- Participating in continued professional and personal development.
- Instrumental in helping delivering and implementing New Product Development Programmes.
Managing the role on day to day basis:
- Review technical enquiries via visit, email or telephone; respond action or delegate after liaison with UK Technical Manager in conjunction with codes of practices.
- Develop enquiry into a technical specification.
- Log specification and develop into sales order.
- Or pass Specification and all support documentation to the Contract Support Manager
- Assist Contract Support Manager technically as and when required on site or to close order.
- Provide relevant project updates utilising project tracker/CRM
- Collate all relevant Contractor / Specifer information and log onto Project Overview form.
- Provide updates to above on a weekly basis.
An ideal Technical Support Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ability to prioritise workload and day to day diary management effectively.
- Strong team ethic.
- Transferable skill base.
- Articulate, confident communicator and training presenter.
- High Level of IT Skills utilising CRM, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Construction processes and drawings.
- Work towards CSSW qualification to managed timescale
- Work towards the PCA Waterproofing design register to a managed timescale
- An ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Attention to detail in both literacy and numerical skills.
- Thrive in a pressurised Technical sales driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with confidence from site based personnel through to senior/ director level.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £35,000 plus:
- Company car
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension contribution
- A profit sharing scheme, as well as many other additional benefits
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52911032/INDHP