Automotive Product Development Technician
Imexpart Ltd, one of the largest and most respected independent Truck & Bus Parts Specialists in the UK are seeking a Product Development Technician to join their expanding team in Castleford, West Yorkshire. Having served the automotive industry since 1986, Imex is a leading independent parts distributor, offering a genuine alternative to the franchised network.
To provide support to the Supply Chain Manager on various aspects associated with the development of new and existing products, to include: product menuing; purchasing, pricing, stock management, customer service and supplier development. Taking ownership for the department by contributing to the setting & achievement of meaningful objectives.
Imex currently enjoys one of the best staff retention rates in the industry with various initiatives, rewards and benefits contributing to what makes life at Imex both rewarding and enjoyable.
As a Product Development Technician your duties will include:
- Be effective and supportive with all product quality or customer issues raised (including CSS/Technical and Warranty) dealing direct with customers, identifying immediate and long lasting solutions, whilst keeping all parties constantly informed and updated.
- Be actively involved in customer issues involving product supply, quality and fitment (not exhaustive).
- Be proactive in developing both existing and potential new suppliers. Identify areas for growth, including possible new ranges and product group extensions. Ensure that prices are competitive and that the standards of quality are not compromised.
- Be effective in improving all cost prices; including the tender process, supplier negotiations and with all ad hoc requests.
- Agree procedures that are meaningful and are constantly updated to reflect change and implement audit procedures to measure efficiency and accuracy.
- Work autonomously, accept accountability for actions and make decisions within the boundaries of the role.
- Make effective use of time by maximising planning and organisational skills. Anticipate demand, work to deadlines and prioritise workload, etc.
The ideal Product Development Technician will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Experience within the automotive industry
- Technical prowess
- Stock management
- Good levels of IT, literacy and numeracy are essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and courteous manner
The Company is committed to developing its staff, recognising their contribution and giving them the skills and expertise to perform well in their roles - which helps us offer customers a unique level of service. As well as outstanding modern facilities and friendly welcoming staff, employees also receive:
- A starting salary of circa £25,000
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory days, which increases to 28 days with service - (pro rata for part time staff)
- Pension scheme to which the company makes contributions
- Corporate clothing
- We are committed to developing our business and because of that we will always invest in our most valuable asset - our staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52911012/ INDMP