We have an exciting opportunity at Hygiene Group Ltd. for Hygiene Operatives to join our team based in Waltham-on-the-Wolds. The successful candidates will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week and will receive an hourly rate of £7.34 per hour plus Time & Attendance Performance Scheme and the opportunity for overtime.
Established for over 30 years, Hygiene Group Ltd. is the market leader in the supply of specialist cleaning and hygiene support services to the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
With a UK-wide workforce of more than 550 fully trained employees we are large enough to provide a complete cleaning solution whilst still maintaining the core values that have made us the specialist partner of choice to a number of leading food and beverage manufacturers.
About the Hygiene Operative role
Your role is to carry out a variety of cleaning duties including cleaning of dog & cat housing units (typically encompassing sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and drain cleaning) as well as window cleaning and cleaning of toilets/amenities & hand wash stations.
Reporting to the Supervisor you will form part of a committed and established cleaning team ensuring that the site is maintained to necessary hygiene standards.
Key responsibilities of our Hygiene Operative:
- To perform a variety of cleaning and hygiene tasks as detailed within the cleaning instruction procedures.
- To ensure all activities are carried out and signed-off in accordance with hygiene, quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that waste material is correctly disposed of in accordance with the client’s environmental systems.
- To maintain client confidentiality in relation to activities on site.
- To participate in mandatory site training relating to health & safety, hygiene and environmental issues.
What we’re looking for in our Hygiene Operative
Previous experience in cleaning is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided. Along with a high standard of work ethics you will also require:
- Good written and verbal communication
- The ability to work to time constraints both on your own initiative and as a part of a team
- The ability to follow procedures thoroughly
- A positive and approachable manner
- An enthusiasm for a varied working environment
You will be working in an environment where there are cats and dogs although you will not have any direct contact with them therefore this role is not suitable for those with an allergy to and/or fear of animals.
Must have own transport due to the remote location of the site. Background checks will be carried out prior to a position being offered.
Hygiene Operative - The Conditions
Salary: £7.34 per hour plus Time & Attendance Performance Scheme (TAP) of £30.00 per month.
Overtime: £8.34 per hour
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Shifts Pattern: 6 days on, 3 days off
Hours of Work: 08.30 hours to 17.30 hours
If you feel up to the challenge and would like to join our team as our new Hygiene Operative then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!