Delivery Van Driver
Imexpart Ltd, one of the largest and most respected independent Truck Specialists in the UK are seeking a Driver to join their team in Huntingdon. Having served the automotive industry since 1986, Imex is a leading independent parts distributor, offering a genuine alternative to the franchised network.
As a Delivery Van Driver you will:-
- Ensure customer deliveries are completed in accordance to the structured routes agreed upon and wherever possible in the most economical manner possible.
- Be familiar with the Company's structured delivery system ensuring that orders are delivered to customers at agreed times, in line with the Drivers Handbook.
- Portray a professional image of the company through a smart appearance and courteous attitude.
- Take care of company vehicles in conjunction with agreed guidelines & protocol.
- Be familiar with depot procedures so that you are able to run the depot during absences in conjunction with the guidelines contained in the Depot Protocol Handbook (including Drivers Version).
- Investigate and discuss ideas for improving the efficiency of runs with your line manager.
- Assist with stock maintenance as required through general housekeeping and reporting procedures.
- Ensure accuracy at all times when picking and packing orders and loading of vehicles.
- Correct and appropriate handling of payments from customers by cash, cheque and credit card.
- Security of premises including opening and locking up at appropriate times.
An ideal Delivery Van Driver will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Experience within the automotive industry
- Driving / Stock / Warehousing experience
- Good levels of IT, literacy and numeracy
- Good customer service skills
- Polite and courteous manner
The Company is committed to developing its staff, recognising their contribution and giving them the skills and expertise to perform well in their roles - which helps us offer customers a unique level of service. Employees also receive:
- A starting salary of £16,473
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory days, which increases to 28 days with service
- Pension scheme to which the company makes contributions
- Corporate clothing
To apply for this position, please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52911011/ INDLP