Home Care Assistant
Home Care Assistants – Just want a job? We’re NOT for you.
We are looking for individuals, with or without previous experience, who want to make a difference to their local community, and who want to be part of a team of care assistants that provide the very best care and support service possible.
In return we will promise you the following;
- £7.70 per hour, inclusive of a 50p bonus for attendance (for car drivers)
- Additional enhancement for all bank holidays
- Holidays paid in addition – 5.6 weeks per year!
- Employee Benefit Scheme – Perkbox!
- Meaningful work, appreciation and recognition.
- Regular clients in a regular area that's suits you!
- Set regular shifts or flexible working depending on your circumstances
- Free use of company mobile phone
- Full and comprehensive induction training.
- Opportunity to shadow experienced home carers after your training
- Employee recognition awards.
- Support to claim money back incurred through mileage (via tax relief)
- Full support throughout the interview stage, training and into your new role.
- Paid refresher training
- Recognition Badges
- Everyone has the opportunity to undertake their QCF/NVQ level 2 and 3
- Development opportunities either up the ladder or within the same role
- We review that rate of pay for our care assistants at least annually
- Refer a Friend Scheme - £50 per referral
For this role we ideally require car drivers who live within the Trafford borough, have their own car and every employee must be able to undertake some form of weekend working. We do recruit care assistants who don’t drive also.
As a Home Care Assistant your duties will be to:
- Provide care and support to clients in their own homes in the community.
- Provide personal care for clients, such as bathing, washing, always ensuring that the client’s dignity and privacy is maintained.
- Assist clients with personal grooming, such as dressing, hair or dental care.
- Always encourage clients to be as self-managing as possible so they can maintain their independence.
- Assist with preparation, cooking feeding or serving of meals, to wash up and clear away afterwards.
- Provide general companionship and support.
- Always work within Health and Safety Regulations and S.O.S. Homecare’s policies and procedures.
- Always be aware of professional boundaries between you and the client, never undertake any task, activity or visits not otherwise stated or requested in the care plan.
The company offers a strong training and development programme for all our care assistants and supports all employees who wish to progress within the health and social care industry. They also believe that employees need to feel comfortable and supported at work. They therefore promote a positive working environment and the managers have an open-door policy to help employees feel supported and at ease in raising problems (personal or work-related). They aim to be a flexible as possible and balance the needs of those we support with the needs of those we employ.
We know there’s more to life than work - that’s why when you join SOS Homecare you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, tastecards, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more.
SOS Homecare is a progressive company that prides itself on high quality services, providing personalised and outcome focussed care to all individuals we care for and support.
The company has provided services to Trafford council since 1994, and more recently the company has expanded its service provision into Halton borough, as well as now providing extra care services in four locations throughout Cheshire. SOS Homecare Limited are proud to have been awarded the 'Positive about Disabled People' award and this reinforces our non-discriminatory approach to recruitment.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52912602 / INDHP