Semantic Web Developer
Semantic Web Developer - London, £45-55k plus package
Our client is a successful and recognised software / web developer. Due to new business projects they require a Semantic Web Developer to join the team.
The successful candidate needs to have the interdisciplinary knowledge of a solid software development background as well as a deep insight into the Semantic Web and Linked Data areas. The role will be responsible for design and developing of scalable, web-based software systems.
Hands-on coding skills and a best practice engineering approach are amongst the essential skills required for this position. A proven track record with prior experience of developing proof of concepts and / or large scale applications is required.
Responsibilities include maintenance and support of the existing Semantic Web infrastructure and Linked Data applications, helping internal and external clients to understand key technical issues, designing and delivering semantic based solutions.
Experience in the following technologies is required:
- Ontologies, OWL, RDF, HTML5+RDFa
- Triplestores, SPARQL, Linked Data API
- HTTP and RESTful architectures
- Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Apache Jena
- Java J2EE and PHP
- Test-driven development
Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
- Natural Language Processing with GATE
- Data Analysis using a machine-learning approach
- XML, XSLT, XQuery
- Search Engine tools such as Apache Solr / Lucene
- Source code repositories such as SVN or TFS
- Educated to degree level of higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
- Experience of building semantic web based solutions.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience building high traffic web based APIs and RESTful web services.
- Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.