Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker
Media Agency Group has an exciting opportunity for a Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker to join our team in Manchester. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of up to £22,000 per annum depending on experience.
Media Agency Group is a full service advertising agency based in the heart of MediaCityUK. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive and highly motivated Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker to join our busy team. As a member of the UK’s leading independent Media Agency, you will prepare and deliver large format advertising files to provide the highest quality reproduction in outdoor media, poster sites and print across the UK.
As our Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker you will be responsible for creating high resolution print-ready PDF files, gaining client approval and file delivery to various media owners. You will liaise with both clients and media owners to ensure files are delivered to the correct specification and within the deadline. You will be familiar with the latest Adobe CC applications, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. We have our own web-based tracking, approval and delivery system and full training will be provided to ensure our workflow is maintained. Note, there is some creativity within this role but it is NOT primarily a design position.
Responsibilities of our Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker:
- Forming a professional working relationship with clients, design agencies and media owners
- Checking that artwork submitted by clients / design agencies is to specification
- Helping clients / design agencies with technical issues should they arise
- Providing artwork templates to clients / design agencies
- Obeying strict deadlines whilst organising campaign artwork
- Internal design
- Updating the in-house tracking, delivery and approval system
- Sending proofs for approval
- Confirming artwork sign off
- Uploading artworks to media owner systems
Our ideal Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker will have…
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Comprehensive Adobe and Mac skills
- Communication and telephone skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- A proactive, can-do, approachable attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – articulate, flexible, creative, exact.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task.
- Engaging and personable.
- Experience of HTML5 banner production and trafficking would be a bonus.
In return as our Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker we will…
- Help you develop your skills in an exciting, fast-paced industry.
- Entertain you at our quarterly work social events (Go-karting, watersports, drinks or a day out at the races - gamble responsibly on us!)
- Make you take your birthday off!
- Offer you regular treats - doughnuts, chocolates and McD’s breakfasts are a frequent occurrence!
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for our Prepress Mac Operator / Artworker role, please click ‘Apply’ today!