Care Assistant Job in Gillingham, Dorset
We currently have several flexible job vacancies for an experienced Care Assistant to join our Bournemouth team working in the local Gillingham area of Dorset. We have a variety of different shift patterns on offer including days, nights and weekends, working in local care, nursing and residential homes.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for.
It is essential that you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence. You will be working on either a 1-1 basis with clients or within a small team of Healthcare Assistants.
Working in this Care Assistant job, we can offer you:
- Salary of up to £13.32/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- One-to-one relationship with a local service manager
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
In order to be considered for this position you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.