Competitive Salary + Benefits Huddersfield
Our client is an independent, technology led engineering company based in rural West Yorkshire with over 50 years’ experience in design and manufacture of precision instrumentation assemblies and components to a wide variety of specialist markets including Space, Aerospace, Defence, Scientific Instrument, Optical and Medical.
A highly motivated, graduate engineer is required to give strategic direction and direct day to day support for precision assembly engineering as we look to strengthen and expand our assembly engineering team. The assembly engineering team will be solely responsible for all aspects of method engineering and assembly support for existing and new projects.
- Engineering support for day to day assembly production issues.
- Design and implementation of assembly methods and test processes (including tools & equipment).
- Analysis and development of current assembly processes.
- DFMA on new and existing projects.
- Generate process documentation (PFMEA, flow charts, visual process documentation).
- Investigation and analysis of non-conformances to ensure effective corrective action.
- Project management of new opportunities throughout their full life cycle (including direct customer liaison).
- Ensuring full use of new technologies to support processes.
- Creation of flexible, project specific, work flow areas to optimise production.
- Technical training of production personnel.
Successful candidates should ideally have:
- A Degree qualification.
- Previous experience in manufacturing/assembly production engineering.
- Experience of CAD packages (e.g. Solidworks).
- A high level of PC literacy (including programming).
- A good understanding of mechanical and electronic schematics/drawings.
- Competency in data analysis and statistical methods.
- Ability to fault find simple electronic systems.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Hours: Mon-Thu 8.5 hrs (flexible), Fri 4 hrs.
- Employer contributed pension scheme.
- Employee BUPA (and reduced family rates).
- 6 weeks holidays (inclusive of statutory).
If you are Interested in joining this highly successful, independently owned, British manufacturing group, then please forward your CV with covering letter quoting reference number LH0281 to our retained consultants Lighthouse Search & Selection Ltd via the apply button.
Apply for Production Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly