6 months Contract
Our exclusive utilities client has an excellent opportunity available for a Mechanical Technician to support the overall operation and maintenance of a key compressor station in Kings Lynn.
To undertake installation, inspection, commissioning, operation, repair, maintenance and emergency response activities associated with Compressor Station, Pipeline and AGI assets within a geographic zone of the national transmission system within discipline and competencies as required. The role will be based out of Kings Lynn Compressor Station.
- Undertake installation, inspection, commissioning, operation, repair, maintenance and emergency response activities associated with Compressor Station and Pipeline and AGI systems and assets in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, delivering performance excellence within relevant discipline to optimise work effectiveness and efficiencies, maximising asset and plant availability and reliability
- Undertake safe setting work for self and others, of work activities in accordance with the safe control of operations procedures contributing to a team culture of safe working and safety compliance in all work activities with National Grid Policies and Procedures
- Maintain accurate site maintenance, asset, operational and safe control of operations records of all work activities and operations undertaken to ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulatory requirements
- Support the construction and commissioning of new assets onto the gas transmission system and other non-load related projects in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, identify the requirement to replace/upgrade existing plant and equipment, participate in the design of minor modifications, and the provision of technical support within discipline and competencies as required
- Contribute to the development, review and update of emergency, security, safety, operational and environmental plans and procedures to ensure safe and cost effective operation of plant and equipment, undertake the roles of incident controller and site main controller during planned and emergency situations in accordance with the on and off site emergency plans, monitoring control of site security operations, and participation in duty standby rota and occasional shift working arrangements
- Ensure that the high pressure pipeline system is protected, including the monitoring of third party work, aerial sighting response, cathodic protection monitoring, support of the in-line inspection programme, and undertake competent person role associated with routine and low complex non routine operational procedures
- Oversee and inspect work activities undertaken by contractors and working party members where required to provide assurance that technical and safety compliance standards are being maintained and undertaken
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Good understanding of the operation and maintenance of high pressure gas transmission pipeline systems and above ground installations, associated plant & equipment, fault diagnosis and rectification (Pipelines)
- Detailed understanding of the Safe Control of Operations procedures such as permitry, risk assessment and method statements
- Based on experience, post holders will normally possess knowledge and experience gained within an engineering discipline Mechanical engineering
- Educated to minimum of BTEC National Certificate (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, with relevant maintenance and/or operational experience
Valid current driving licence
For more enquires please contact:
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Applicants should show all skills on their CV.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this email is relevant to your experience and job search, sometimes there are errors, we apologise if this is the case.