Accounts Assistant Manager
Looking for an Assistant Manager to join one of the top 10 accounting firms in the world in Ipswich
An Assistant Manager will have responsibility for a portfolio of client work reporting directly to the Director/Partner in the majority of cases. This will include all aspects of service delivery from client take on to final reporting and client meetings. You will also provide input into the delivery of services to our larger more complex clients as required.
In addition to client facing work you will also work to provide support to the Manager/Director/Partner on departmental issues including resourcing, coaching and feedback to more junior members of staff, ensuring compliance with the stream's policies and procedures and the firm's risk management procedures.
A key part of the role is also to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients as well as taking a proactive part in business development activities such as tender production, networking, and actively promoting all BS&A service lines together with the wider offerings of the firm.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients
- Briefs the team on the project scope, roles and responsibilities
- Is the teams main point of contact throughout the project with respect to technical and non technical issues
- Provide input into the delivery of service to our larger more complex clients.
- Review of statutory accounts including disclosures under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks including transition to FRS 102
- Review of consolidation and cash flows for year end statutory accounts
- Is able to operate as an office champion in selected specialist areas (eg software packages, consolidations)
- Demonstrates, trains and installs new accounting systems for existing or new clients
- Undertakes client due diligence procedures and prepare/collate relevant documentation for partner review
- Prepares engagement letters for manager and partner review
- Understands and adheres to the firm's risk management procedures including identification of independence issues and anti-money laundering procedures
- Ensures compliance with our stream's policies and procedures
- Has a good knowledge of the firms technical resource in order to ensure excellent service is delivered at all times
- Takes an active role in agreeing scope, fee negotiations, billing and WIP provisions
- Liaise with auditors as necessary
- Is responsible for key clients relationships, being the main point of contact for client queries
- Actively participates in team management meetings
- Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
- Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
- Attends and takes a lead in client meetings with other senior members of the team
- Proactively identifies and acts on potential new business opportunities in our existing client base and targets
- Develops a network of professional contacts both externally and cross stream/office
- Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
- Contributes to bid documents and proposals
- Attends relevant business seminars
- Supervises, coaches, motivates and develops junior members of the team, reviewing and providing appraisal feedback to staff
- Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
- Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
- Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
- Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
- Confident in presenting to the team
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages including consolidations and cash flow statements
- Experience and good working knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS 102
- Experience of managing client assignments
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you'll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.