Fixed term contract until end of March 2017
We’re looking for an individual with extensive client/customer service experience to join our advice centre in Bournemouth as an Advice Assistant and help us deliver a first class advice service.
Shelter Bournemouth delivers advice and support to people in housing need or those experiencing problems with debt and welfare benefits.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave (pro rata), the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Undertaking initial fact finding triage interviews and booking appointments with the appropriate adviser
- Agreeing clients’ needs, providing clients with basic information and advice
- Referring clients to other Shelter services or external agency as appropriate
- Carrying out case related support and research for Advisers and Senior Advisers
- Dealing with enquiries not only in person, but also by telephone and email and generating correspondence as necessary.
And what you’ll need:
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in one or more of the following areas of social welfare law – housing, welfare benefits and debt
- Experience of client/customer service work
- A proactive, results-driven and customer focused approach, strong communication skills, a collaborative way or working and the ability to lead change and improve performance
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and case management systems and good typing skills.
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.