Support Worker Job in Swanage - LD / Austism
We are currently seeking compassionate and caring Support Workers to work with young adults who have autism and/or learning disabilities in the Swanage area through our Bournemouth branch.
A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to people’s lives, and if you believe you can provide this then you may be the perfect fit for our team.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross team in a rewarding role, delivering care in accordance with individual care plans that enrich lives. You will provide an essential service to support children, aiding them in fun filled activities and providing other family members with some support in school holidays and at weekends.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24-hour support and in order to ensure that you always have enough work, you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
The benefits of joining Newcross include:
- Salary of up to £14.46/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- Local line manager and branch support
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To apply for this Support Worker position you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working with children with special needs such as Autism and Asperger’s is essential.
- Autism awareness and breakaway training.
- Experience with non-verbal communication is desirable
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving license and access to a car.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.