Courier Operations Controller
National Sameday is a well-established business providing urgent express sameday logistics solutions to a diverse range of industries 24/7 365 days a year. We now have a vacancy as an Operations Controller to join our office based near Luton Airport.
- Taking telephone bookings accurately and dealing with queries from clients and couriers
- Maintaining our service level agreements with key clients
- Monitor jobs to POD and completion keeping everyone informed in a professional and helpful manner and inputting details on our systems
- Respond to emails requesting services or a quotation swiftly and in a polite and timely manner.
- Be proactive and keep all staff or customers informed of any issues/delays
- Provide a detailed and clear handover to Out of Hours staff highlighting any operational concerns
Key Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a good, confident telephone manner when dealing with clients and customers
- Computer literacy, ability to use and pick up our in-house systems and apps
- Highly organized, effective and logical thinker with ability to multitask
- Flexible approach to working hours - punctual and excellent attendance
- Ability to work without constant supervision in a high pressured transport environment
- Previous transport experience and good geographical knowledge
If you are interested in the above role, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how you meet the criteria. We will be offering a very competitive salary for the right candidate.