Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Our Client is seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to make a real contribution towards the development of a Risk Management culture. The role is full time and would be based in their Northwich Office.
They are looking for a dynamic team worker with solid experience in Credit Risk, who is adaptable and prepared to take on challenging and varied initiatives within a rapidly developing business. The individual needs to have a dedicated and committed attitude with an eye for detail, who can produce accurate work whilst being able to respond positively to fluctuations in volume.
- Reporting to the Deputy Head of Credit Risk, the successful candidate will need to work under their own initiative and across a variety of different business areas while delivering excellence as part of a multi-functional team and maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism and at all times remaining focused on total customer satisfaction.
- The role involves a wide variety of activities across the Risk team but will include analysis of risk exposures, the recommending of lending decisions, policy and procedural development as well as providing advice and support on Risk issues to colleagues across all the key business areas of the Bank.
- Manage reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit
- Lead specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes
- Co-ordinate workflows to ensure deadlines are always met
- Closely assist the Deputy Head of Credit Risk as and when required on specific activities and projects Support colleagues in managing credit risk within the business
- Meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance
- Assist with the Credit Risk process, enhancements, reviewing procedures and identifying improvements to meet customers changing needs/business requirements
- Ensure all Credit Risk principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated
- Through regular and appropriate business involvement, ensure all credit risk work is carried out to the required level of competence as set out by legal and regulatory Build effective relationships with the various business units.
Person/ Experience required:
- Proven experience in Credit Risk Management
- People and project management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills are essential and you will be a resilient individual who is calm under pressure.
- Ability to advise the team on complex areas unsupervised
- Ability to undertake a variety of analysis and maintain accuracy and quality
- Strong report writing skills
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn;
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment
- Ability to build professional relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Customer Orientation: Ensure customers' needs are met benefiting both customers and organisation
- Decisiveness: Make difficult decisions and judgements.
- Information Gathering: Collate detailed information from range of sources.
- Initiative: Takes responsibility for and encourage action towards achieving goals.
- Planning & Implementation: Set priorities, define targets, give responsibilities and plan work.
- Problem Solving: Look at a problem or issue to identify important aspects.
- Quality Orientation: Pay attention, show concern and ensure high levels of excellence is demonstrated