Warehouse Operative / Warehouse Assistant
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Near Oxford (Eynsham), Oxfordshire (own transport essential)
Salary: £20K-£22K depending on skills and experience
Hours: 40 hours per week on rotating shift basis
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe handling of goods passing through the warehouse or factory.
- Safe loading and unloading of vehicles, avoiding damage to persons, stock or equipment
- Checking delivered items against paperwork to ensure correct item has been delivered in the correct quantity and without damage
- Booking in items, both in Helis and SAP (training provided), ensuring KPI's are met
- Locating items safely in the warehouse/factory in either the given location (SAP, Kan Ban) or in a suitable location, fitting to the size and nature of the item, carrying out any scanning action required
- Picking items as directed, in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring utmost care is taken to pick the correct item and that the required scanning activity is carried out and no damage occurs
- Collection of items from neighbouring customers
- Delivery to and collection from the factory line of goods and equipment, ensuring correct paperwork is attached and KPI's are met
- Packing goods in accordance with customer directives to ensure safe arrival of all items, within a time frame that meets KPI's
- Stocktaking activities as directed
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work place - 5S
- Effective communication with team leaders and other colleagues
- Keep stock control systems up-to-date
- Carry out the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Ensure health and safety compliance
- Must be able to attend courses/seminars appropriate for improving his/her ability to perform his/her duties, both in the UK and Europe
Qualifications and Experience:
- A good command of the English language, both written and oral
- Forklift licence; counterbalance and reach truck
- Proven experience within a high tech warehousing environment in support of a production facility utilising Quality Management systems
- Good IT skills
- Indoor crane licence.
- Weeks 1&2: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm with one hour unpaid break
- Weeks 3&4: Monday to Thursday 11am to 8pm and Friday 10am to 7pm with one hour unpaid break
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Person, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Warehouse, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Line Operative, Production Operative, Servicing Operative, Forklift Licence, Driver, Warehouse Driver, FLT Driver, Warehouse Components, Distribution Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Operative, Distribution Operative will also be considered for this role.