Mental Health / Challenging Behaviours Support Worker Vacancies - Exeter
We have several flexible vacancies for dedicated Healthcare Assistants / Support Workers to work with clients with mental health and/or challenging behaviour clients in the Exeter area through our friendly, local branch.
We have a range of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends or a combination of these, presenting the perfect opportunity to work around your home life.
Join us today and receive a free uniform and DBS check as a welcoming gift (Limited time!)
About the Role:
Working in this varied and rewarding role, you will be responsible for supporting clients with mental health disabilities and/or challenging behaviour with their day-to-day living, ensuring each service user receives an excellent standard of care that meets their personal care plan. You will play an essential role in enabling each individual to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their friends, families and local communities.
You will uphold the Newcross Philosophy of Care in all that you do, empowering each individual in your care and ensuring they can make the most out of life. Previous experience in a similar role and the ability to work well under pressure is essential for this role.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Carer / Support Worker:
- Salary of up to £13.27/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform (For a limited time only!)
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslip
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced individuals with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant or support worker job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.