Kavanagh Motor Group provides emergency motoring assistance to stranded motorists across the capital and home counties. The customer base is formed predominately from the national vehicle recovery organisations including Green Flag. The family owned company attends several hundred breakdown incidents every day and we are seeking high quality Mobile Mechanics preferably with a B+E category driving licence, (B1 category will be considered for candidates with excellent repair abilities), to join our high performing recovery team.
If you want a role that is challenging but highly rewarding helping people at their time of need then this is the job for you. Day to day is extremely varied, whether it's assisting customers with simple faults like a wheel change or repairing a more serious fault allowing our customers to get back on their journey, no day is ever the same. Working on a structured shift pattern you will use your technician skills to effectively operate the latest in cutting edge diagnostic and roadside assistance equipment following intensive specialist training.
The company operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year and for that reason the role is offered on a shift pattern of 4 days on duty, 2 days off duty. You will be on the same shift time on each day you are on duty and your shift is 12 hours in duration with appropriate breaks. Daily shift will commence from the employees home address in the Company vehicle.
The basic salary is up to £24,000 per annum and there will be additional sales performance related bonus. The basic salary increases dependent on the shift start time. Combined with the job target bonus this will allow members of the team to earn in excess of £35k gross per annum.
To rapidly attend clients casualty vehicles at the roadside following a breakdown or road traffic accident, safely and effectively diagnose the faults before effecting either a mechanical or electrical repair. When needed you will also recover un-repairable vehicles to the nearest service centre and transport the customer and their passengers to their destination as required.
- Carry out daily FLOWER and walk around checks and report defects for action
- Drive to a safe and professional standard at all times
- Dynamically risk assess all incidents you attend
- Provide excellent customer care to all our clients
- Proactively problem solve any incident you attend
- Liaise with our customer contact centre to ensure deployment times are at a minimum
- Work flexibly with our customers in mind as your prime concern
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Hold relevant technical qualifications, i.e. City & Guilds levels 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- Highly reliable and team focussed
- Flexible and adaptable to additional hours required at times of peak demand
- Experienced working to deadlines and targets under pressure
- Being an experienced shift worker is preferable
- Enjoy delivering excellent customer care in distressed customer care scenarios
- Driving license to the appropriate category
- Vehicle recovery experience is not required, we recruit on attitude and train all staff to the highest industry standards
Similar vacancies in other areas in and surrounding London. Please call 0208 394 4996 for further details.