Retail Distribution Centre Manager
Retail Distribution Centre Manager
Dove House Hospice
Salary: £22,069 - £24,785 per annum
Hours of work: Full Time. Your normal hours are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (to be worked 5 days out of 7. You will be expected to work every other Saturday).
The annual leave entitlement is 22 days per year plus bank holidays.
Dove House Hospice is a charity providing excellent care for people in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire with life limiting illnesses. We are specialists in palliative care which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life.
This position requires you to be an active and key member of the Retail Management Team, working closely with the Regional Managers in order to increase retail income by managing the Transport office and distribution operations.
- To be responsible for providing effective leadership, management and communication to the Distribution team, managing all day to day activity within the Distribution Centre.
- To take an active role as part of the Retail Management Team, participating in weekly business meetings.
- To have line management responsibility for the Distribution Team (Assistant Retail Distribution Centre Manager, Drivers, Transport Coordinators, PAT Tester and Distribution Centre Volunteers) providing adequate training/induction, monitoring staff performance, carrying out appraisals, and dealing with any absence, capability or disciplinary issues, in line with HR policies and procedures.
- To actively lead and manage the recruitment of all Distribution staff and volunteers/work placements, to ensure adequate levels of staff/volunteers (including rota management and managing/authorising all annual leave requests), in order to support the efficient running of the Distribution Centre.
- Supervise and oversee the Trading Company's House Clearance Business, supporting and guiding staff and volunteers and driving this area of income forward.
- To brief the Distribution Team on a daily basis; motivating, organising and promoting a positive working environment across the workforce.
- To be responsible for increasing efficiency of distribution operations in order to reduce costs and improve productivity and ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- To be responsible for the efficient turnaround of stock requests identifying most profitable stock for selling, communicating with Regional Managers and researching products where appropriate to ensure optimal sales value. To communicate daily requirements to the Transport Coordinators with regards to delivery and collection to ensure efficient and timely stock allocation. Be responsible for ensuring the correct current Distribution Centre procedures are adhered to, especially in the categorising and storage of stock, distribution of stock and vehicle routes. Implement and maintain efficient storage and distribution systems and procedures. Be aware and be actively involved in Distribution Centre budget setting and monitoring. Implement and maintain efficient storage for out of season stock. The Retail Distribution Centre Manager will control the retail recycling and waste management systems keeping up to date with changes and sourcing the best possible price for waste materials.
To fulfil the role effectively you must have relevant management experience (in either Retail or Warehousing), worked for a charitable organisation, along with experience of working in a fast paced distribution centre.
For further information, or to request a copy of the Recruitment Pack, please visit our website www.dovehouse.org.uk/careers. If you think you have what we are looking for, please forward your completed application form to:
Michelle Broadley, HR Department, Chamberlain Road, Hull, HU8 8DH or email email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 27th October 2016 at 5.00pm
Interview date: Monday 7th November 2016