Senior Social Worker - Hayfield House
To purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service as part of an operational team, based in Children & Families Social Work.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Services Workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers;
- Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers;
- Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm;
- Respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
- Uphold public trust and confidence in social work services; and
- Be accountable for their practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge and skills.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1,998 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- This post attracts Essential Car User Allowance for this you must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment,
- If you do not hold a valid driving licence you must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: Friday 11 November 2016
This post is based at Hayfield House, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Martha Nicolson, Executive Manager - email@example.com - 01595 744402 or Elinor Thompson, Team Leader - 01595 744438 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf
Senior Social Worker - Children Families (L).pdf
Relocation Policy (Updated Mar 2016).pdf