Training Support Worker/Driver-Relief
To act as a member of the staff team to provide support to individuals using the Greenfingers horticulture based training project.
- To enable trainee’s to participate in a wide range of training and work experience based activities.
- To hold The Moray Council driving licence or willing to undertake the test.
- To uphold social work values and to ensure good working practice with regard to health and safety
- To promote the independence and skills of the trainees
- To be physically fit, possess gardening knowledge and enjoy working outside.
- To possess good observational and communication skills.
- To work positively with other agencies and services to ensure the highest level of support.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of individual training plans and records.
- General Duties
Experience that would give you insight into issues relating to working with adults with a learning disability.
Literacy and numeracy skills to allow for updating of training records and training plans.
Willingness to undertake further SVQ training if required.
Practical skills that promote independence and skills of the trainees.
Observational skills to ensure trainees are safe whilst carrying out tasks and to record details of actions/events.
Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service.
Ability to show empathy.
Self confident and self motivated.
Good value base.
Ability to form positive relationships with trainee’s.
Sensitivity and understanding of discriminatory issues.
Knowledge and working practice in line with SSSC Codes of Practice and be able to evidence understanding of/application in a relevant work setting.
Hold a full clean current driving licence.
Appreciation and acceptance of and commitment to the importance of confidentiality
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to accept direction/delegation.
Able to understand and communicate clearly, using the English language.
Ability to carry out duties that involve a significant amount of moving and handling, using equipment suitable to horticulture tasks in accordance with the moving and handling regulations.
Ability to work in various outside environments.
Relief - As & When required
Closing Date: 28 October 2016
£9.24 per hour
Proposed Interview Date: 9 November 2016
For further information contact Menita Roberts 563624
Training SW-Driver Aug 2014.doc