Day Care Organiser
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Experienced in the provision of services to older and/or disabled people you have the ability to deal with matters in a confidential manner and have basic literacy and numeracy skills. Ability to travel within Aberdeenshire is essential.
You will offer older people the opportunity to meet socially, participate in planned activities and have lunch together. This involves ensuring effective running of the Centre, including transportation of attenders, provision of appropriate activities and organising of lunch, all in co-operation with volunteers and also receiving referrals and carrying out assessments for the service.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquires to: Elaine Robb Tel: 01779 478190
Ensure effective planning, delivery and evaluation of activities in order that those attending day services receive a tailored plan of activities
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
• Provide a service that takes into consideration the rights of the individual, working within the guidelines of the Care Inspectorate Codes of Practice, National Care Standards and SSSC Codes of Conduct
• Undertake initial evaluation and assessment of day care provision for clients to ensure provision meets the needs of the individual
• Review client day service provision on a six monthly basis or as the need arises by assessing current need by effectively liaising with families, carers and care management teams as required
• Ensure that clients are offered a planned service to meet their individual needs
• Manage volunteers and organise rotas
• Handle cash receipts as required and reconcile through Aberdeenshire Council processes
• Undertake personal care as required
• Undertake escort duties as required
• Maintain client records and Care plans according to Data Protection Act
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Day Care Organiser 2016-08-01.pdf