Cleaning Co ordinator, West Lothian Civic Centre (387.23) C/D 30/10/16 INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Fixed Term until 31 December 2017
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
You will ensure the delivery of a high quality Cleaning Service to all various buildings within Area 4. To oversee teams of staff providing a flexible high quality cleaning service throughout the West Lothian. Ensure that the stock of materials is monitored and controlled as well as ensuring that all equipment is fit for purpose.
The key duties of this post are:
- to have overall responsibility for all aspects of the delivery of cleaning service.
- recruitment and selection of staff
- management of sickness absence, return to work, referrals
- ensure equipment is in good working order and is cleaned regularly
- liaise with colleagues, suppliers, sales representatives, council officers, customers, health and safety officers and partners within and external to WLC
- establish, and regularly maintain, an inventory of equipment and advising when things require to be replaced or bought.
- coordinate repairs to equipment.
- ensure knowledge and skills are kept up-to-date, advising of relevant development training as required
- close liaison with all customers to ensure smooth delivery of cleaning service
- maintain and monitor all specialist cleans within building.
- monitor standards and rectify any issues
The skills and experience you must have:
- Experience of being solely responsible for running and managing the associated staff
- Ability to organise and prioritise a personal workload and the work of other staff
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and working practice (PPE, preparing and working with risk assessments)
- Experience in managing staff and dealing with employee relations issues
- Ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure and to deadlines retaining attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people and working effectively with customers
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and using negotiation and communication skills
- Experience of working to a budget
- Understanding of strict confidentiality
387.23 - Cleaning Co ordinator.pdf