Residential Care Officer, Various Locations (387.13) CD 30/10/16
Fixed Term until 30 June 2017
An opportunity has arisen to join our residential house care officer teams. You will carry out the role of Residential Care Officer in accordance with standards set by the Department, working collaboratively with the Assistant Manager, Manager, Service Manager Care Inspectorate and SSSC registration requirements to that end. You may may be required to work in Letham, Whitrigg or Newton
The key duties of this post are:
- To contribute to the provision and maintenance of a nurturing environment in which physical, emotional, psychological, social and educational (where appropriate) needs of children and young people in care are paramount.
- To implement the function and objectives of the service, within the policies and guidelines established by West Lothian Council.
- To carry out the role of Residential Care Officer in accordance with standards set by the Department, working collaboratively with the Assistant Manager, Manager, Service Manager and the Community Care Registration and Inspection Service, to that end.
- To undertake keyworker responsibility for the care of individual children/young people and their care plan.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- A minimum of HNC in Social Care (including SVQ level (I I I) is essential.
- Registered or in the process of registering with the Scottish Social Services Council.
- Experience and/or knowledge of care work, ideally involving work with children/young people.
Residential staff operate a shift system covering 365 days a year, geared towards periods of maximum client contact. A Residential Care Officer is required to work their contractual hours across these shifts.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
387.13 - Residential Care Officer.pdf