Criminal Justice Social Worker, West Lothian Civic Centre (387.11) C/D 30/10/16
To work within Criminal and Youth Justice Service as a Social Worker undertaking an integrated range of social work services in relation to promotion of welfare and support for service users in West Lothian under the relevant legislation. Where necessary to supervise a range of statutory orders and if appropriate to report and be accountable to relevant bodies
The key duties of this post are:
- To deliver these services in accordance with current legislation, and procedures and standards.
- To carry responsibility for a workload of cases the complexity of which requires social work experience, knowledge and skills.
- To ensure that practice standards are evidenced at an advanced level in casework and to engage in a range of tasks which will contribute to continuous service improvement.
The skills and experience you must have:
- BA in Social Work or other approved recognised Social Work qualification essential
- Good understanding of the challenges of the client group
- Must be prepared to work with violent and sexual offenders
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC
387.11 - Social Worker.pdf