Catering Co ordinator, West Lothian Civic Centre (387.24) C/D 30/10/16 INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Fixed Term until 31 December 2017
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
You will co-ordinate and deliver a high quality catering service to all internal and external customers of the Civic Centre. To oversee a team of staff as well as ensuring the smooth running of a well stocked Café and have accountability for all stock and waste.
The key duties of this post are:
- Responsibility for all aspects of the delivery of catering service to the customer before and after it leaves the kitchen
- Ensure that all kitchens and service equipment is in safe and good working order and is regularly thoroughly cleaned
- Provide support and advice to customers to ensure that their catering requirements are fully met, and only where necessary refer to FM Area Services Manager
The skills and experience you must have:
- Relevant catering qualification 706/1-706/2 or SCOTVEC equivalent and REHIS Intermediate (The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland)
- Experience as a unit supervisor
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of catering – food production and presentation, menu selection, portion control.
- Knowledge of current Food Safety and general Health and Safety legislation and associated good working practice.
- Understand the implications of the Food in Schools Act and how this applies to all aspects of the school setting.
- Knowledge of software packages e.g. e mail, word, spreadsheets and the web
- Ability to lead and manage team of staff
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
387.24 - Catering Co orinator.pdf