Leisure Assistant - Pool
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a leisure assistant to deliver the safe operation of recreational facilities, including swimming pools within a defined geographical area, by assisting the Duty Officer in the development and improvement of all service areas and providing a high standard of customer relations.
There is a requirement to undertake manual handling on a daily basis. There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Aberdeenshire Council currently applies a Living Wage Supplement to all council employees earning less than £8.33 per hour.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Andrew Steele - 01261815754
- Carry out inspections, including Health and Safety, safe supervision and good conduct of customers
- Assist in the staff supervision, planning, training and development
- Deliver a high standard of customer care
- Participate in the marketing, advertising and promotion of all services
- Control the environments and associated plant within set standards
- Maintain security of the building and estates
- Ensure administrative functions are carried out accurately, timely and in accordance with administrative and financial procedures and regulation
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or achieve within 3 months
- Experience of working with the public
- Experience of working within a leisure facility
- Cash handling experience
- Customer-focussed with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivated team player with a positive approach and the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to undertake manual handling on a daily basis
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy, with attention to detail
- Willingness to work regular unsocial hours
- Relevant sports/leisure qualifications
- Relevant health & safety qualification
- Experience of working in a similar position
- Awareness of health & safety
Job Profile Leisure Assistant Pool 2016-03-15.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf