Relief Ski Instructor
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
To deliver ski instruction in accordance with relevant policies and procedures to ensure a safe and enjoyable service is provided.
You have a Ski Instructor qualification equivalent to SVQ 2 and have previous experience in delivering ski instruction. You have excellent communication skills and can work individually and as part of a team.
The ability to work evenings and weekends is essential and you will be required to plan, develop and deliver ski instruction sessions to all age groups and abilities, whilst ensuring a safe and enjoyable service to customers
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.
Hours: Relief, as an when required
Informal enquiries to Josef Tautscher - email@example.com
- Plan, develop and deliver ski instruction sessions to a range of age groups and abilities
- Ensure the preparation and provision of the facility and ski equipment for delivery of ski instruction sessions including undertaking safety checks, cleaning, storage and reporting any maintenance required
- Maintain standards of health & safety and customer care in accordance with facility operating procedures
- Oversee the work of Coaches during ski instruction sessions as required
- Provide first aid as required
- SVQ 2 or equivalent in ski instruction
- Current BASP / HSE First Aid Certificate
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Experience of delivering ski instruction
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- BASI Ski / Snowboard Instructor
- ASSI qualification
- Experience of working with children
- Experience of working on dry ski slope