Sessional Offender Learning Lecturer - West Midlands
Milton Keynes College offender learning team are seeking experienced Lecturers to cover a diverse curriculum. This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours tutor covering part and full time hours.
We offer our learners a wide of range of subjects including Functional Skills (Maths, English & ICT) a variety of vocational trade courses such as Bricklaying, Painting & decorating, Motor Vehicle, Carpentry, and of course other subject areas such as Business, Art, Catering, Industrial Cleaning and Rail Track. These vacancies fall within the West Midlands area and cover 10 prisons from HMP Stafford to HMP Hewell.
The successful candidate will be passionate and dedicated to teaching with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Functional Skills, E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
For more information on offender learning (OLASS) or to see all of our latest vacancies please visit The Milton Keynes College website.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent vocational qualification.
- A full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Assessor/Verifier Awards.
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location: West Midlands Prisons
(HMP Birmingham, HMYOI Brinsford, HMP/YOI Drake Hall, HMP Featherstone, HMP Foston Hall, HMP Hewell, HMP Long Lartin, HMP Oakwood, HMP Stafford, HMP / YOI Swinfen Hall)
Hours: Variable hours
Salary: GBP23.06 per delivery hour
Closing Date: 8th November 2016
More about the rewards
We offer a salary sacrifice car scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of our teachers' Pension.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.