Student Support Administrator - HMP Huntercombe
Milton Keynes College are working in partnership with HMP Huntercombe to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to join our offender learning education team at HMP Huntercombe on a part time basis.
Your main function will be to carry out general administrative tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the department including:
- Collating and analysing data
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Designing and production of documents
- Use of appropriate databases and spreadsheets
The Purpose of your role is;
- To provide administrative support to the Education Manager and the team as appropriate.
- To support student success through the provision of initial induction and the initial assessment of students to inform enrolment onto appropriate programmes of learning.
- To act as part of the examination invigilation team.
HMP Huntercombe is a Category C adult male establishment holding a solely foreign national population in order to support government priorities on the deportation of foreign national offenders.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Hold an administration or customer services based qualification at level 2 or above (desirable).
- Have proven previous experience in an administrative role.
- Have proven customer services skills and experience.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Experience of induction and assessment IT packages (desirable).
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Huntercombe
Hours: 26 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP14,618 - GBP19,143 pro rata
Closing Date: 4 th November 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
More about the rewards
As well as having 25 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of our local government pension with employer contributions of 11.5%. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.