Industrial Cleaning Lecturer - HMP Foston Hall
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Cleaning lecturer to deliver Industrial Cleaning to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As part of our offender learning team you will help to develop a strong Industrial Cleaning vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated education professional to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Industrial Cleaning. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Industrial Cleaning tutor, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
HMP Foston Hall is a closed, adult /YOI female establishment with an operational capacity for a maximum 345 prisoners, both sentenced and remanded. Education courses are designed to meet the needs of the female learners; to prepare them for employment upon release and are based on Local Market Information on employability. The aim of the establishment as a whole is to reduce re- offending behaviour; as a department we pride ourselves on listening to the women and actively encouraging self-worth and aspirations to achieve.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Hold a vocational qualification level 3 or above in Industrial Cleaning.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching or vocational experience in a relevant Industrial Cleaning subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area.
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location: HMP Foston Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP17,662 - GBP31,940 per annum
Closing Date: 28/10/2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
More about the rewards
As well as having 35 flexible days' holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.