Apprentice: Student Services
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint an Apprentice to join the Student Services team to provide a variety of support to students as Youth Workers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, enthusiastic and energetic individual to develop their own career path within Student Services. This role will give the successful candidates scope to shape their own career through extensive experience of project work, events planning and delivery of student activities, as well as mentoring and supporting young people.
As an Apprentice Youth Worker, you will work as an integral part of the Student Services team. You will be spending a lot of time with young people, planning and delivering high quality events, activities and support that will enable them to develop their personal awareness, build resilience and confidence, gain knowledge around their future pathway and enhance their personal and employability skills.
As an Apprentice Youth Worker, you will gain the essential skills and knowledge required to provide support, guidance and mentoring to students of all ages. You will also be involved in planning and delivering a range of events and activities, as well as working on your own projects, and we will encourage you to develop your own ideas. During your time with us, you will gain the skills required to further your career in this field and will be studying towards a qualification in either Employment Related Services or Business Administration.
As the successful candidate for the position of Apprentice Youth Worker, you will possess the following essential knowledge, skills and experience;
- English & Maths GCSE (or Level 2 equivalent) at Grade C or above
- Experience of working with people
- Have enthusiasm for working with students
- Have the ability to generate creative and exciting ideas
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have the ability to talk to small groups in a calm, confident manner
- Have good organisational skills
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team, happy to support others and share best practice where you can
- The understanding that education can be challenging, and problems need to be addressed creatively and positively where possible
- Knowledge of the challenges that some young people face as they enter college life, including possible barriers to learning
- An open mind on all aspects of equality and diversity
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: Childcare vouchers, a multitude of training opportunities, Car Salary Sacrifice, Cycle to Work, a number of local discounts in Milton Keynes, LGPS and TPS pensions, free parking at our main campus sites and discount at our onsite Brasserie restaurant and The Graduate Salon.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: GBP10,200 per annum
Location: Chaffron Way & Bletchley Campus
Closing Date: Thursday 27th October 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
Milton Keynes College is a general further education and training provider with Campuses at Chaffron Way, Bletchley and Central Milton Keynes. The college is the largest provider of further education and training in Milton Keynes, offering a varied mix of vocational and academic courses to a diverse set of students. The College has a number of commercial outlets which are open to the public including an award winning restaurant, Hair & Beauty Salon, Personal Training Studio, Nursery and Gallery space. Milton Keynes College also has an offender learning contract, providing education within 28 prisons across the country.
- Facebook: Milton Keynes College
- Linked In: Milton Keynes College
Milton Keynes College is values led organisation: Integrity, Excellence, Inspire, Respect, Innovate.
Milton Keynes College is a committed "safer recruitment" employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community