Sessional Functional Skills English - HMP Huntercombe
Milton Keynes College are working in partnership with HMP Huntercombe to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We are currently seeking a passionate and flexible English / ESOL lecturer to work with students from a variety of backgrounds and working from entry level - level 2. You will be available to work variable hours depending on education department requirements. The ideal candidate will be a creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
HMP Huntercombe is a Category C adult male establishment holding a solely foreign national population in order to support government priorities on the deportation of foreign national offenders.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- A full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Salary: GBP23.06 per delivery hour
Closing Date: 26th October 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
More about the rewards
We offer a salary sacrifice car scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of our teachers Pension. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.
Milton Keynes College is a leading Further Education College providing a comprehensive range of vocational, academic, professional and higher education courses.