Facilities Helpdesk Team Leader
Purpose Statement To work closely with the Facilities Manager to contribute to the effective management of the Facilities Department within Colchester Institute along with being directly responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the Facilities Helpdesk team. T
o provide a variety of services primarily concerned with the operational running of all Colchester Institute buildings, ensuring the best level of service is provided at all times.
1. To manage the operational function of the Facilities Helpdesk, ensuring that all requests are administered onto the helpdesk system, prioritised accordingly and managed through to completion via third party contractors or internal departments across all sites.
2. To be liaise with Shared Services Contractors providing a reactive maintenance service ensuring health and safety and environmental legislation are adhered to, along with best value in line with FRAP and procurement processes at all times.
3. To assist the Facilities Manager in managing the delivery of planned maintenance programmes across the main campuses including organising, coordinating and checking works are completed satisfactorily
4. To assist with the planning and coordinating of accommodation moves, liaising with other departments including faculty staff and IT Services.
5. To liaise with the in house Maintenance, Porters and Grounds team to ensure that College projects and Maintenance requests are carried out in line with college improvement requirements.
6. To be responsible for the administrative function of the Facilities department with the support of the Helpdesk. To include the purchase order system; departmental recharging; car parking.
7. Ensure that all reactive maintenance requests are prioritised and subsequently dealt with in a timely manner and inputted onto the Helpdesk database and assigned to the internal maintenance department escalated to the appropriate person/contractor in line with budgetary constraints and FRAP procedures.
8. Control and administration of delegated budgets ensuring that procured services are at all times best value and in line with College financial regulations.
9. To effectively communicate with College stakeholders regarding all aspects of the role be it either projects, general maintenance, health and safety.
10. In liaison with the Facilities Manager to coordinate and be responsible for all external hire of College Premises, ensuring maximum income generation where appropriate.
11. To ensure all administrative tasks are completed in respect to all facilities related duties including, departmental recharges, internal bookings, invoice processing, ordering of various equipment and other administrative duties when requested.
12. To assist the Facilities Manager and Estates and Security Manager when required.
13. Work to promote and contribute to the College's Equality & Diversity policy.
14. To apply the College's Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.