Student Support & Recruitment Worker - HMP Spring Hill
Milton Keynes College are working in partnership with HMP Spring Hill to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We currently have a vacancy for a Student Support & Recruitment worker to promote educational courses to the wings and run learner inductions and initial assessments. You will be responsible for supporting student success through the provision of initial assessment of students and inform enrolment onto appropriate programmes of learning. You will promote the benefits of education and be actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment and programme marketing. Working in partnership with NOMS and other agencies to develop and deliver student support services for prisoner learners.
This role will also incorporate some funding & data responsibilities:
- Collating and analysing data
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Designing and production of documents
- Use of appropriate databases and spreadsheets
HMP Spring Hill is an Open Category D (resettlement) prison, housing approximately 320 male prisoners who are at the end of their custodial sentence and working towards resettlement.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups.
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to students and students' success.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Spring Hill
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP14,618 - GBP19,143 pro rata, per annum
Closing Date: 28th October 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.
More about the rewards
As well as having 25 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of our local Government Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.