Trainer Assessor - Facilities Skills (Cleaning and Facilities)
Job Title: Trainer Assessor - Facilities Skills (Cleaning and Facilities related)
Salary: GBP22,783 - GBP28,629 per annum pro rata, GBP13,669 - GBP17,177 actual
Location: Accrington & Rossendale College and Workplace
Hours: 22.2 hours per week, 0.6 FTE (Flexible to meet demand)
To be responsible for developing, delivering, monitoring and assessing vocation related training across a range of programmes including apprenticeships in cleaning and facilities related subjects. To provide a structured assessment route that will allow learner progression toward completion of qualification.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver training programmes to a range of learners both in college and in the workplace
- Carry out learner assessment in a variety of settings.
- Ensure assessments are carried out on a regular basis and to an agreed standard
- Prepare appropriate learning and assessment materials to meet learner needs.
- Develop and maintain individual learning plans.
- Carry out comprehensive induction and enrolment session.
- Act as a mentor to candidates
- Prepare schemes of work / lesson plans as required.
- Prepare individual assessment and action plans.
- Arrange and provide learning support as required.
- Track and monitor learners throughout the qualifications/frameworks and provide feedback as appropriate, including the use of Onefile e-portfolio for apprentices,
- Ensure learner portfolios are ready for internal and external quality assurance
- Ensure internal quality assurance is carried out at regular intervals
- Prepare and attend internal and external quality assurance visits as required
- Carry out regular programme review with learners
- Liaise with employers on candidate progress
- Ensure learner files, tracking, attendance records and other paperwork is accurate and kept up to date
- Responsibility for an agreed workload or targets, and to ensure performance targets are met.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Generate new business and business links
- Keep up to date with current development relating to vocational qualifications, internal and external verification requirements.
- Ensure own continuing professional development and take part in College staff development events as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to both College and Awarding Bodies policies and quality processes.
- Identify areas for new programme and materials development and assist in development.
- Provide specialist advice to learners and organisations regarding vocational qualifications and delivery options.
- Responsibility for promoting the welfare of children and young people that the postholder has responsibility for or contact with.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required, commensurate with grade and scope of this post and agreed with the relevant line Manager.
- Exemplify British values including tolerance and mutual respect for faiths and beliefs in behaviour at work.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all learners including safeguarding against the risk of radicalisation.
Closing Date: 24th October 2016
Interview Date: 1st November 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.