At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers, and due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a BOM Certification Officer to be based at our office in Coventry.
Reporting to the PMO (Programme Management Office) Manager, BOM Certification Officers (BCO) are experts in Bill of Material (BOM) management and are responsible for ensuring that an accurate and complete BOM is constructed by engineering alongside the engineering design process. They have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of which parts/commodities are fitted to which specifications of vehicles and for which markets, and will very often provide coaching and support to the engineering areas on how best to construct a BOM to support downstream consumption. BCOs have a direct impact on vehicle build quality and success at the manufacturing plants.
Area of Responsibility
- Ensure a timely and accurate BOM is released from Product Development to the wider internal and external business, by communicating with engineers and interpreting/analysing relevant documents;
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of part variant configuration to ensure parts are correctly coded to support scheduling and build, working closely with Product Development Engineering to clarify spec issues;
- Act as subject matter expert on TTL's internal BOM processes and tools, delivering training sessions and assisting engineers/managers on an ad-hoc basis with all BOM queries, participating in process improvement activities, and attending client BOM reviews;
- Co-ordinate with Programme Management Office (PMO) to implement File Set Up for new programmes;
- Monitor general BOM quality and completeness throughout program and proactively address potential issues;
- Organise and run internal BOM reviews ahead of customer freeze/build points to ensure BOM is of a high quality and aligns with engineering intent;
- Run error reports, missing data reports & alignment reports daily, co-ordinating with engineers to resolve errors and misalignments promptly;
- Report to PMO to communicate status and escalate BOM-related issues;
- Liaise with the Project Lead (PL) & other BCOs to ensure the PL's BOM requirements are met;
- Liaise with Engineering Senior Managers to communicate status and provide direction on necessary next steps.
- Experience working with BOM in an automotive environment (highly preferable);
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Very strong data skills and an analytical approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of people and departments including engineers, TTL internal stakeholders/management & client stakeholders/management;
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritise appropriately to support programme timing, key project dates and departmental targets;
- Self-motivated and proactive with an understanding of when to escalate;
- Ability to transform imprecise explanations/requests into specific data actions;
- Confidence to speak authoritatively on BOM-related issues and deliver training and guidance as required.
We support our clients through engineering services outsourcing, product development, IT services and product management solutions. If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better .
TATA Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.