Senior Technical Author
Our global technology client is looking for a technical author keen to work on ground-breaking digital technology. Working as part of a coordinated technical publications team, you will be planning, writing and maintaining a range of customer-facing structured technical content including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia; leading documentation projects including planning, tracking and reporting; working with the team lead and product information architect to improve and implement processes and best practices. There is lots of scope for future career progression and opportunities to learn new skills, products and technologies.
- A proven track record as a technical author.
- An understanding of/background in one of the following: computer hardware/microprocessors/Embedded electronics/electronics engineering; mathematics; physics; astronomy; graphics/video/display programming.
- The ability to communicate with hardware engineers, interpreting source information supplied by them and transforming it in to documentation that is easily understood by the end user.
- A good understanding of the documentation production life cycle.
- A real appetite and enthusiasm for learning new technology and developing new skills.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills to manage the flow of information from contributors and reviewers.