Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist (AWDO-P2835)
Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist that has experience supporting and assessing the needs and capabilities of children and young people with visual impairment required for a well-established and respected Charity based in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, North East England.
SALARY: £26,500 - £28,000 pro rata per annum
WORKING HOURS: 21 Hours per Week
AREA COVERED: As a successful candidate you be required to travel on a regular basis, covering locations in North East England including Newcastle and Cumbria, to liaise with Local Authorities and Families regarding Mobility Services to bring independence and freedom to blind and partially sighted children and young people.
** Join and Help this Great Charity **
DOGS: Due to the nature of the organisation there are frequently dogs on site. Therefore you must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist that has experience supporting and assessing the needs and capabilities of blind and partially sighted children and young people.
Working as the Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist you will deliver specialist habilitation (mobility and independence) services to bring independence and freedom to blind and partially sighted children and young people from birth to 25 years.
As the Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist you will work with an extensive portfolio, liaising with local authorities and working directly with families to provide mobility services to help gain confidence and independence.
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Visual Impairment Habilitation Peripatetic Care Support Specialist include:
- Assessing the needs and capabilities of children and young people with a visual impairment and producing appropriate training programmes and recommendations as required
- Planning, implementing and reviewing habilitation programmes according to specific needs and capabilities, by giving one-to-one individual instruction in school, home and community settings
- Providing advice, information and assistance to parents, carers and others in close contact with children and young people in order ensure reinforcement of training programmes
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Nationally recognised qualification in habilitation training for children and young people with visual impairment
- Must be prepared to travel across North East England
- Experience of working with children and young people of all ages
- Experience of teaching mobility and independence skills to children and young people with a visual impairment in home, school and community settings
- Experience in sensory training
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Part-Time Charity, Social Care Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
AWD online operates as an employment agency