UI Designer / UI Developer / User Interface Designer
Job title: UI Designer
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: Starting salary of £25,500 - £28,500
Hours: Permanent, Full time - 37.5 hour working week, Flexible working hours
A dynamic and friendly technology company based near Poole Quay, Dorset is looking for a friendly face to join a growing team.
The company has an exciting and varied opportunity for a bright and talented User Interface Designer.
In this broad and lively position you will develop and implement creative ideas and concepts for user interfaces and web design as well as for marketing, sales, internal communications and recruitment materials.
Working in a multi-functional team, the User Interface Designer plays a key part in raising the brand awareness of our services. The role provides an opportunity for the right person to be part of both an in-house service team, shaping the direction of the company's marketing strategy in the long term, as well as travelling across the country, doing work for our clients.
In addition to the above, the User Interface Designer is required to work with the development and sales teams on the following activities:
- Lead all software application user interface design activities.
- Create engaging and self-intuitive user interfaces across a variety of digital and non-digital platforms.
- Educate and mentor development teams in user interface design best-practice.
- Support the sales and marketing teams to promote the benefits of Dorset Software design-led development.
- Provide consultancy at clients' premises across the UK as required.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject
- A strong interest in user interface design
- Exceptional creative design skills
- A minimum of 2 years of excellent commercial graphical design experience
- Knowledge of current graphical software tools
- A willingness to travel
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible working hours and holiday provision
- Genuine 37.5 hour working week
- Company pension scheme
- A relaxed work environment
- Funding to study and obtain industry-recognised qualifications
- Regular sporting and social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited chocolate biscuits or fruit for the health conscious!
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in this specific position.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; UI Developer, UX Designer, UI Designer, UX Developer, User Interface Designer, User Experience Developer, User Interface Developer, User Interface Designer may also be considered for this role.