Animal Care Associate
Animal Care Associate, Harrogate, competitive salary plus Relocation package (terms and conditions apply*).
Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for an Animal Care Associate to join our team based in Harrogate.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
Do you value and understand the importance of an animal’s wellbeing?
Would you like daily interaction with different animal species?
If so this is a great opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team providing the highest level of care expected by Covance, one of the leading global drug development services companies.
Responsibilities of our Animal Care Associate include:
- Acclimatisation of animals to their surroundings
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Cleaning out kennels, pens, cages and changing bedding
- Exercising dogs and socialising with the animals
- Feeding and watering animals
- Accurately recording vital animal information, for example body weights
The Animal Care Associate role can be hard work and physically demanding but you will gain an enormous sense of satisfaction knowing that your contribution is helping new, lifesaving medicines be developed.
To become our Animal Care Associate you must have the following skills and experience:
- Be proficient in basic numeracy and literacy
- Have a passion for our industry
- Have an enthusiastic and committed attitude
- Be reliable with a hardworking approach to the job
Previous experience of working with animals in a regulated environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
In return for you hard work as our Animal Care Associate, you will receive a competitive salary plus Relocation package (terms and conditions apply*), unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities as well as offering unique opportunities for you to develop your technical skills whilst working with a wide range of species.
At Covance, we value all employees equally, because every team member is essential to the success of our group. On top of being valued and respected, the opportunity for progression is excellent – we invest in your development and will help you to progress along whichever career path you choose.
There is no better time to join us! So don’t delay, click ‘Apply’ today to become our Animal Care Associate.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
* Terms and Conditions: These will be discussed with you if and when interviewed by a member of the recruitment team and also explained in writing at the time of any offer of employment