Art Technician / Art Graduate / Artist - School Experience
Job Title: Art Technician
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £15,936 per annum (£20,096 FTE)
Job Type: Term Time, Permanent
Closing date: Monday 31st October 2016 (midday)
The organisation, a leading independent day and boarding school is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated person for the role of Art Technician.
The school has a flourishing, busy art department with facilities in drawing, painting, digital, printmaking, ceramics and sculpture. Several sixth formers go on each year to foundation courses and art related degree courses. High grades are achieved at all levels.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated in a field of art and design to at least further educational level or possess suitable experience in an art studio or school art department. The post will involve a variety of roles within the department under the guidance of the Head of Art. Tasks will include stocktaking/ordering of art materials, preparation of resources for lessons, administration and preparing work for display.
- General stocktaking and ordering of all art materials
- Preparation of materials for lessons, as well as creating teaching resources
- Refreshing artwork as required, both in the department and around the school
- Preparing / making boards, canvas, frames, materials etc., for artwork
- Helping with technical preparation work for all types of artwork (training will be given as necessary)
- Assisting the Head of Art with the department budget
- Assisting the Head of Art with health and safety provisions within the department
- Overseeing the general good order and tidiness of the classrooms
- Firing, packing and unpacking kiln (training will be given if necessary)
- Reclaiming clay and mixing glazes (training will be given if necessary)
- Able to work as a supporting member of a team
- Able to initiate work themselves and to organise their own time
- Educated in art and design to at least Further Education level, or possess suitable experience in an art studio, or school art department
- Confident skills and knowledge in using Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Photoshop & Google Drive
- Physically fit, as lifting and moving of parcels and heavy items are part of the role
- All staff are expected to display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people and value and respect the views and needs of children and young people
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the Job Pack and Application Form. Please be aware that our Client DOES NOT accept CVs. You must complete an application form to be considered for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Art Technician, Design Technician, Art Assistant, Art Teaching Assistant, Art Graduate, Art Degree, Artist, Painting Technician, Photography Technician, School Art Technician may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Art Technician / Art Graduate / Artist - School Experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly